The proper application of floor mats can help minimize maintenance costs.
Did you know:
- It costs $600 to remove 1 pound of dirt
- Catching dirt at the door cuts down on the use of cleaning chemicals
- Mats at the door greatly reduce the wear on other floor surfaces
- It is far more economical to replace mats as they wear versus replacing permanent surface materials such as carpet, hardwood or tile
- Mats greatly reduce slip hazards
- Mats act as an air filter, cutting down on dust & helps HVAC systems run more efficiently
The proper way to minimize maintenance costs on your home or office flooring is to use the proper type or system of mats.
- Outdoor Scraper Mat – scrapes or traps heavy soil and allows water to drain efficiently
- Indoor Scraper/Wiper Mat – captures soil and dirt and keeps it below the show level
- Indoor Wiper Mat – Known as a “Finishing” mat, it absorbs the finer dirt, dust and moisture
Use all 3 types of mats to minimize maintenance costs to your permanent flooring. The most important mat is the indoor scraper/wiper mat – it scrapes the largest amount of dirt and soil. If you can only afford one type of mat for your entrance mat, make sure you purchase a high quality indoor scraper/wiper mat.